Secretary of GSHPA
The GSHPA is looking to recruit a full time person with strong administrative skills to support the Council. The key requirements are:
- Prepare agenda and papers for quarterly Council meetings seven days in advance – with good reports and inclusion of points for decision
- Take notes at meetings, and circulate minutes to Council (after approval by Chair) within seven days of meetings.
Day to Day
- Respond to phone line and emails in to email@example.com promptly and professionally
Admin of new members
- Encourage new members to join
- Administration of new members' applications – responses and co-ordination with Treasurer (for accounting) and website for updates of members' listings
- Draft and edit monthly GSHPA Newsletter
- Co-ordination of articles and information for the Newsletter and the website
- Ensure good communications within Council members and with GSHPA members
- Support the Marketing Committee in arranging to attend trade shows, responding to enquiries and follow up afterwards
- Co-ordinate with PR advisers and co-ordinate press releases
- Support GSHPA profile and activities via LinkedIn, Twitter and other social media
Support for Standing Committees – Marketing Committee, Policy Development Committee, Technical Committee and Training Committee. Support for new initiatives such as the Webinar programme.
The main requirement is good administrative skills, good personal communications, willingness to absorb information on heat pumps and learn about the industry so that enquires can be answered swiftly, politely and correctly.
Please see fuller list of GSHPA secretariat functions.
Although the Council will meet in London after the end of Covid-19 restrictions, the job will be capable of being fulfilled from the home of the candidate.
Please apply with CV detailing relevant experience to Edward.Thompson@gshp.org.uk