Vertical Borehole Standard
The first GSHP Standard to be published was the Vertical Borehole Standard which covers Closed Loop Vertical Borehole: Design, Installation & Materials Standards under the following headings:
- Government and regulatory agency requirements
- Design and installation - training requirements
- Design methods and compliance
- Thermal response testing of the ground
- Ground heat exchange materials and sizing
- Pipes, joints, methods and materials
- Testing of ground heat exchange loops
- Thermal transfer fluids
- Design drawings and records
To buy a copy of the GSHPA Vertical Borehole Standard please click here.
If you are a member of the GSHPA we can send you a copy of the Vertical Borehole Standard if you: click here.
Installation of Ground Source Heat Pumps
To get the full benefit of a GSHP installation you will need to employ someone with design and installation experience. A ground source heat pump may not perform well unless it is incorporated in a good design by someone who understands the needs of the building, the use to which the building is being put and the local geology.
For more information on installation of ground source heating from an experienced source please contact one of our members.