Decarbonising Domestic Electricity
16 June 2021 | APPG of MPs | Charles Wood
The APPG MPs met on 16 June under Alan Brown MP to take advice on the route to decarbonising domestic heating in the UK from a knowlegeable group of experts.
You can see the recording of the informative session on Decarbonising Domestic Heating.
The order of speakers, and the timings of when they start speaking, is shown below:
- 00:00 Alan Brown MP, Chair’s introduction
- 02:29 Charles Wood, Energy UK
- 08:30 Jan Rosenow, Regulatory Assistance Project, Brussels
- 16:06 Laura Bishop, Ground Source Heat Pump Association
- 22:15 Questions and Discussion
One of the principal topics of discussion was the the inherent contradiction in government policy between the PM calling for the installation of 600,000 heat pumps a year by 2028 and the Treasury imposing 23% of “environmental levies” on electricity which makes this very unlikely.
It you agree this needs to be changed then please sign the petition which asks for these outdated taxes to be removed.
Please encourage your friends and family to sign too!